A cooking, drinking & musings blog.


Karaoke "Bliss": Guess what I'm choosing to sing...

Monday, February 19, 2007

RECIPE Tip of the Day 2/19/07: Microwaved Omelet

How I Survived My Pregnancy
Part I: Eating for Two

It wasn't always easy to get a balanced, hearty meal for myself during my pregnancy. I worked Monday through Friday full-time for 8 hours straight (no lunch break). Breakfast was (and still is) the most important meal of the day for me. I usually did not have time before work to relax and enjoy a full breakfast. So I concocted an on-the-go sandwich, cooked almost entirely in the microwave. Coupled with a piece of fruit, my baby and I would be satiated for a good few hours, until lunchtime.

LushMommy's Microwaved Omelet Sandwich for a Busy Mother-to-be

Nonstick cooking spray
2 eggs
2 tbsp milk (by eye)
Spices to taste:
Salt, ground black pepper or red pepper, paprika, garlic powder
2 cheese slices (optional)
2 slices of whole grain bread, toasted
  1. Spray a microwave-proof bowl with nonstick spray. Crack the eggs into the bowl. Add milk and spices. Whisk all together.
  2. Microwave on HIGH for 2 min, or until center is firm with no runniness.
  3. Arrange cheese slices on one piece of bread, then turn omelet bowl upside down on top of the bread. Top with remaining slice.
Variations:

Sausage or Ham, etc.: Heat, on a separate plate, your desired breakfast meat. Place on top of the finished omelet, etc.

Spinach: Spray bowl as above. Add a handful of fresh well-rinsed, dry spinach or 1/3 cup frozen chopped spinach. Microwave for 30 sec; let cool for a minute. Add eggs, milk and spices, whisk. Microwave on HIGH for 3 mins, until firm with no runniness.

Part I to be continued...

No comments:

Thanks for visiting! Stop by tomorrow!

Thanks for visiting! Stop by tomorrow!
A day at the park.

Mozilla Firefox


The BEST Browser to View this Blog