A cooking, drinking & musings blog.


Karaoke "Bliss": Guess what I'm choosing to sing...

Monday, February 12, 2007

RECIPE Tip of the Day 2/12/07: Rum

"Rum and Diet Coke" is nasty. Even though I am trying to eliminate my intake of high fructose corn syrup, I will not compromise on taste in my mixed drinks. A "diet" well drink just sounds retarded.

Shopping Tips for Rum: I don't believe Bacardi to be the best brand, nor "light" rum (the clear one) to be very tasty. Less expensive brands from other Caribbean countries, many of them amber colored, referred by type as "gold" rum, can work just as well in rum and cokes, piña coladas, etc. Brugal, a Dominican Republic gold rum, is cheap but scores higher on taste tests than Bacardi (I can't find the link to the website that rates them).

I don't have an opinion on "dark" rum yet. It is probably very good in small amounts in cooking... and while cooking...

No comments:

Thanks for visiting! Stop by tomorrow!

Thanks for visiting! Stop by tomorrow!
A day at the park.

Mozilla Firefox


The BEST Browser to View this Blog