A cooking, drinking & musings blog.


Karaoke "Bliss": Guess what I'm choosing to sing...

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

40 days and 40 nights...

of no profanity. No cursing. No cussing. (Get ready for some really creative blogs.)

I should really give it up entirely, at least in front of my son. He's a complete parrot now. He can even use the "wrong" words in the right context. The last thing I need right now is some busybody accusing me of nurturing a potty mouth.

Sometimes I think, what's the friggin' big deal? Expletives are so common place in the everyday vernacular. It's almost subconscious how they pervade our speech. I probably have said curse words in my sleep. They can be so useful in conveying just the right amount of vitriol to sum up the moment, the thing, the person. Who says we don't have the right to offend? Not only do we kill each other with kindness, sometimes we kill ourselves. The recipients of swearing should just try to develop a stronger stomach to those bitter little pills, which sometimes are loaded with truth.

This is un-Christian of me to say, I know. I'm going to confession soon anyway.

No comments:

Thanks for visiting! Stop by tomorrow!

Thanks for visiting! Stop by tomorrow!
A day at the park.

Mozilla Firefox


The BEST Browser to View this Blog