A cooking, drinking & musings blog.


Karaoke "Bliss": Guess what I'm choosing to sing...

Thursday, March 15, 2007

It's never too early:

to introduce my son to Nine Inch Nails.

I am sick of children's programming. That's all I can watch with my son. He gets all fussy when I turn to my favs, such as The History Channel, Science Channel or BBC World News. Foreign films? Yeah right. Masterpiece Theatre? Bullshit. American Idol? Not even. He insists, Piiinguuu!!! or more Paz??? or more Pucca??? Fucking-A -- why did I introduce my child to television? I know it's illegal to blindfold my kid till he's five, but it's impossible for me to get my requisite dose of boob tube culture -- how the hell am I supposed to keep up with the Nielsens? It doesn't help to put him down early, because by that time, I'm ready to conk out too.

Now we're doing R-and-R out here in MD. I say, the chips are down -- Mommy gets to watch what she wants to watch. I'm gonna friggin' watch this Nine Inch Nails concert even though you want to watch cartoons. No, this is not "If You're Happy and You Know It." This will do you some good, honey -- you get an early start on aesthetic/music appreciation. Can you say industrial?



(It was a good concert by the way, but a lot similar to the one I saw at MSG in 2000.)

No comments:

Thanks for visiting! Stop by tomorrow!

Thanks for visiting! Stop by tomorrow!
A day at the park.

Mozilla Firefox


The BEST Browser to View this Blog